Study overseas with Wintec
Travel, make new friends, earn credits towards your study, and pay the same tuition you do now ... all from a new country!
Overseas study options
There are three options for overseas study:
- Student exchange: you pay Wintec fees and earn Wintec credits but study abroad
- Internship abroad: if your programme at Wintec has a work placement/experience module, you could undertake this module/placement overseas
- Scholarships: you can apply for the Prime Minister's Scholarship for Asia or the Prime Minister's Scholarship for Latin America (PMSA/PMSLA). You can do so applying yourself, or checking if Wintec has already applied for a group scholarship within your programme by emailing email@example.com.
Benefits to student exchange
- All modules are taught in English
- Earn credits towards your programme of study at Wintec
- Work permits/visas are available for most countries
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
You're not alone when you study abroad. Wintec's International Team supports you from beginning to end, to help make sure you're prepared, and feel safe and happy. To ensure your utmost safety while overseas, Wintec provides your travel and health insurance, free of charge.
You can also apply for a Student Allowance/Student Loan/Scholarship for overseas study through StudyLink. You’ll receive these payments for the dates of your exchange, not the corresponding Wintec semester.
Budgeting and costs
In addition to the cost of your flights, you should budget for approximately $2000 per month to cover general living expenses, accommodation, food, entertainment, and insurance. Also remember to think about any ongoing costs that need covering in New Zealand while you're away.
If you plan to do a lot of extra travel, make sure you factor this into your budget as well.
The amount needed per month varies by destination, so it's worth talking to our Study Abroad team to get an idea of more specific costs.
If you are a Wintec student who has studied here for at least two semesters, have a B average, and are a permanent resident or citizen of New Zealand, you could be eligible.
Check your eligibility by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wintec has partners from the following countries:
How to apply
- Research which country/institute best suits your study goals
- Inform email@example.com of the following:
a. Name and student ID
b. Destination Country and Institute
c. When you would like to do your exchange
d. Name of your current Programme Manager
- You will then get the next steps from Wintec international in order to set up your Student Exchange this will include:
a. Module Selection and transfer of credit confirmation
b. Official nomination to partner institute (once this is done, they will send you an application form and package)
c. Pre Departure and Insurance process
Interested in studying abroad? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.
Wintec will store your contact details to respond to your query, keep a profile of your interactions with Wintec, and send you promotional material.