- Master of Arts with Health Psychology Endorsement, Massey University, 2009.
- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Whitireia New Zealand, 2003.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Victoria University of Wellington, 1994.
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing (via Bridging Course), Wellington Polytechnic, 1989.
- Psychopaedic Nursing Registration, Kimberly Hospital & Training School, 1987.
- Bachelor of Arts, Victoria University of Wellington, 1984.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
30+ collective years of experience in:
- Emergency and trauma nursing
- Orthopaedic nursing
- Psychopaedic nursing
- Nursing education, leadership and management, research
- Coordinating and leading a teaching team
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Nursing education.
- Emergency and trauma nursing.
- Patients’ attitudes to analgesics.
- Clinical simulation session development
Involved in development of the National Simulation Scenario for Nurse Educators in the Tertiary Sector (NETS), 2015, trialled in 2016.
Participated in Curriculum Review, Whitireia Community Polytechnic, 2008 & 2011 and implemented new curriculum, 2013.
Co-authored presentation on delivering high-quality simulation experiences to large groups of Bachelor of Nursing students. Presented at the New Zealand Association of Simulation in Healthcare Conference, 2012.
‘Students still fishing!’ Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference (ANEC), 2011.
‘Teaching students to fish: Reflecting on the introduction of CBL in an undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing programme’. Presented at the Australasian Nurse Educators Conference (ANEC), 2009.
Lemow, J. (2004). Continuing competencies: A conversation based on the novel ‘Pride and Prejudice’ by Jane Austen. Kai Tiaki: Nursing New Zealand, 10(10), 13.
Lemow, J. (2004). Measuring the competency of agency nurses. Kai Tiaki: Nursing New Zealand, 10(7), 12-14.