Creative Industries Pathway
The Creative Industries Vocational Pathway is for people who have a desire to imagine and create using new and exciting ideas, and then share these ideas with the world. You will have the opportunity to present our various and unique cultures in your own way. From art to music, fashion and interior design, to performance or journalism; you will inform, entertain and amaze us. You will need determination and adaptability to keep your work relevant and essential in this ever-evolving industry. Please see Youth Guarantee for a comprehensive list of vocational opportunities in this Pathway.
Below is a flow chart showing how you might progress through this Vocational Pathway, starting at secondary school level. Click on any bullet-pointed programme for more details.
Year 10, 11 and 12
STAR Experiences: Try a quick STAR experience to get an idea of what study and work in this industry will be like...
Year 11, 12 and 13
Short Course: Commit to spending 15 half days on this programme during your school production...
Year 12 and 13
Complete NCEA Level 3 at Secondary School
You've now finished school, what will you do? Start a job or apprenticeship, or come back to Wintec and learn some more...
- Certificate in Media Arts (Level 4)
- Certificate in Radio Broadcasting (Level 4)
- Bachelor of Media Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Media Arts (Communication)
- Bachelor of Media Arts (Commercial Music)
- Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Communication
- National Diploma in Journalism
- Master of Arts
- Bachelor of Media Arts (Fashion Design)