- Doctorate in Education, University of Waikato, 2011.
- Diploma in Guidance and Counselling, University of Waikato, 1987.
- Diploma in Teaching (Secondary), Auckland Secondary Teachers’ College, 1975.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Victoria University, 1974.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- 30+ years in education and social service, including work in secondary teaching and secondary guidance counselling.
- Member of the National Executive of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- How Pakeha counsellors can address issues of cultural dominance in their practice
- Social research implications of the Treaty of Waitangi for social service practice
‘Professional regulation – The challenges’. Presented at the New Zealand Association of Counsellors 40th Anniversary Conference, Wellington, 2014.
‘Interprofessional education in practice: The counsellor, the nurse and the three legged stool’. Presented at the New Zealand Interprofessional Health Conference, Auckland, 2014, with McClunie-Trust, P.
Presented regularly at New Zealand Association of Counsellors’ (NZAC) conferences.
Convener of and editor of proceedings for 1st NZAC Counsellor Education Conference, 2011.
Presented at the Association for Counsellor Education and Supervision Conference, Nashville, USA, 2011.
Presented at the NZAC National Conference, Whangarei, 2011.
Presented twice annually at the Dulwich Centre Publications conferences: Liverpool 2003 & Adelaide 2008.
Crocket, Alastair. (2014). Recognition, regulation, registration: Seeking the right touch. New Zealand Journal of Counselling, 34(1), 53-68.