Dr Peter Maulder
What do you love about your job?
I love the fact that I get to be part of the development of many people in the classroom and out in the community through teaching, research and practical engagement.
What do you enjoy most about being a tutor?
I enjoy working with learners and seeing them grow in confidence regarding knowledge enhancement and application of that knowledge.
How would you describe your approach to teaching?
I like to have learning objectives set that enable a student centred approach to achieving growth in an individualised manner.
- 2011 AUT University - Doctor of Philosophy
- 2010 Waikato Institute of Technology - Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education
- 2005 AUT University - Master of Health Science Honours (Second Class, First Division)
- 2003 AUT University - Bachelor of Sport and Recreation
- 2013 Principal Academic Staff Member (Biomechanics Lecturer) - Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- 2011 – 2012 Senior Academic Staff Member (Biomechanics Lecturer) - Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- 2008 – 2011 Academic Staff Member (Biomechanics Lecturer) - Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
2007 Health Research Council of New Zealand Career Development Award- Māori PhD Scholarship ($104,712)
Member of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports
International peer reviewed journals
- Maulder, P. S. (2013). Dominant limb asymmetry associated with prospective injury occurrence. South African Journal for Research in Sport, Physical Education and Recreation, 35(1), 121-131.
- Puddle, D. L., & Maulder, P. S. (2013). Ground reaction forces and loading rates associated with Parkour and traditional drop landing techniques. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12(1), 122-129.
- Bradshaw, E. J., Keogh, J. W. L., Hume, P. A., Maulder, P. S., Nortje, J., & Marnewick, M. (2009). The effect of biological movement variability on the performance of the golf swing in high and low handicapped players. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 80(2), 185 – 196.
- Keogh, J. W. L., Marnewick, M., Maulder, P. S., Nortje, J., Hume, P. A., & Bradshaw, E. J. (2009). Are anthropometric, flexibility, muscular strength, and endurance variables related to clubhead velocity in low and high handicap golfers?. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 23(6), 1841 – 1850.
- Maulder, P. S., Bradshaw, E. J., and Keogh, J. W. L. (2008). Kinematic alterations due to different loading schemes in early acceleration sprint performance from starting blocks. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22(6), 1992-2002.
- Hume, P., Hopkins, W., Rome, K., Maulder, P., Coyle, G., & Nigg, B. (2008). Effectiveness of foot orthoses for treatment and prevention of lower limb injuries. Sports Medicine,38(9), 759-779.
- Bradshaw, E. J., Maulder, P. S., & Keogh, J. W. L. (2007). Biological movement variability during the sprint start: Performance enhancement or hindrance? Sports Biomechanics, 6(3), 246-260.
- Maulder, P. S., Bradshaw, E. J., & Keogh, J. (2006). Jump kinetic determinants of sprint acceleration performance from starting blocks in male sprinters. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 5, 359-366.
- Maulder, P., & Cronin, J. (2005). Horizontal and vertical jump assessment: reliability, symmetry, discriminative ability and predictive ability. Physical Therapy in Sport, 6, 74-82.