Dr Peter Maulder
(Ngati Kahungunu; Ngati Pahauwera)
Principal Academic Staff Member
- 2011 AUT University - Doctor of Philosophy
- 2010 Waikato Institute of Technology - Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education
- 2005 AUT University - Master of Health Science Honours (Second Class, First Division)
- 2003 AUT University - Bachelor of Sport and Recreation
- 2013 Principal Academic Staff Member (Biomechanics Lecturer) - Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- 2011 – 2012 Senior Academic Staff Member (Biomechanics Lecturer) - Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- 2008 – 2011 Academic Staff Member (Biomechanics Lecturer) - Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
2007 Health Research Council of New Zealand Career Development Award- Māori PhD Scholarship ($104,712)
Member of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sports
International peer reviewed journals
- Maulder, P. S. (2013). Dominant limb asymmetry associated with prospective injury occurrence. South African Journal for Research in Sport, Physical Education and Recreation, 35(1), 121-131.
- Puddle, D. L., & Maulder, P. S. (2013). Ground reaction forces and loading rates associated with Parkour and traditional drop landing techniques. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 12(1), 122-129.
- Bradshaw, E. J., Keogh, J. W. L., Hume, P. A., Maulder, P. S., Nortje, J., & Marnewick, M. (2009). The effect of biological movement variability on the performance of the golf swing in high and low handicapped players. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 80(2), 185 – 196.
- Keogh, J. W. L., Marnewick, M., Maulder, P. S., Nortje, J., Hume, P. A., & Bradshaw, E. J. (2009). Are anthropometric, flexibility, muscular strength, and endurance variables related to clubhead velocity in low and high handicap golfers?. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 23(6), 1841 – 1850.
- Maulder, P. S., Bradshaw, E. J., and Keogh, J. W. L. (2008). Kinematic alterations due to different loading schemes in early acceleration sprint performance from starting blocks. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22(6), 1992-2002.
- Hume, P., Hopkins, W., Rome, K., Maulder, P., Coyle, G., & Nigg, B. (2008). Effectiveness of foot orthoses for treatment and prevention of lower limb injuries. Sports Medicine,38(9), 759-779.
- Bradshaw, E. J., Maulder, P. S., & Keogh, J. W. L. (2007). Biological movement variability during the sprint start: Performance enhancement or hindrance? Sports Biomechanics, 6(3), 246-260.
- Maulder, P. S., Bradshaw, E. J., & Keogh, J. (2006). Jump kinetic determinants of sprint acceleration performance from starting blocks in male sprinters. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 5, 359-366.
- Maulder, P., & Cronin, J. (2005). Horizontal and vertical jump assessment: reliability, symmetry, discriminative ability and predictive ability. Physical Therapy in Sport, 6, 74-82.