- Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing, Wintec, 2013.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Wintec, 2009.
- Graduate Diploma in Education, University of Waikato, 2007.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Xuzhou Medical University, China, 1995.
- Registered nurse.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- Registered nurse with the New Zealand Blood Service, 2011-2013.
- Registered nurse with the Waikato Hospital, 2010-2011.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Ethics education.
- Nursing research.
- Training international nursing, module coordinator and Chinese translator.
‘Ethics education – A case study of teaching in a New Zealand tertiary education context’. Wintec, 2016.
To identify difficulties that nursing educators have encountered in teaching nursing ethics and to provide recommendations in nursing ethics education.
‘The development of professional identity as a nurse’. Wintec, 2015.
To describe and explore peoples’ life experiences, cultural background, socio-political factors that contribute to the construction of professional identity among nursing students.
Song, J. (2016). ‘Caring’ – An understanding of professional identity by first-year nursing students. Whitireia Nursing Journal. In press.