- Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing, Wintec, 2013.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Wintec, 2009.
- Graduate Diploma in Education, University of Waikato, 2007.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Xuzhou Medical University, China, 1995.
- Registered nurse.
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Registered nurse with the New Zealand Blood Service, 2011-2013.
- Registered nurse with the Waikato Hospital, 2010-2011.
Areas of expertise and research
- Ethics education.
- Nursing research.
- Training international nursing, module coordinator and Chinese translator.
- Ethics education – A case study of teaching in a New Zealand tertiary education context’. Wintec, 2016.
To identify difficulties that nursing educators have encountered in teaching nursing ethics and to provide recommendations in nursing ethics education.
- The development of professional identity as a nurse’. Wintec, 2015.
To describe and explore peoples’ life experiences, cultural background, socio-political factors that contribute to the construction of professional identity among nursing students.
- Song, J. (2016). ‘Caring’ – An understanding of professional identity by first-year nursing students. Whitireia Nursing Journal. In press.