My Career Pathway
Fee free (under the Youth Guarantee scheme)
Are you interested in getting involved in a trade but unsure which one best suits you? My Career Pathway is a Level 2, project-based vocational programme where you'll gain the skills you need to move into entry level employment or further education pathways.
You can choose to study one of the three following strands and vocational pathways:
- Manufacturing & Technology: Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Construction and Infrastructure: Building, Plumbing and Gas Fitting
- Fresh Green Start: Horticulture, Arboriculture, and Landscape Construction
You'll learn a range of skills through fun hands-on project-based activities.
What you will achieve:
In just 6 months you'll learn core skills and capabilities such as self-confidence , trades skills and knowledge, literacy and numeracy and you'll also gain
- New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills level 2
- As well as 60 credits in a vocational pathway
- And a further 20 credits which will count towards the NCEA level 2 qualification
Māori and Pasifika Trade Training
Wintec have joined a group of Iwi and Pasifika community groups, employers and ITOs to develop a variety of programmes which bring together the best in support, experience, learning and job outcomes - for FREE.
If you want to build on your basic business administration and computing skills, then this programme is right for you.