Centre for Education and Foundation Pathways
- Go on to further study
- Enhance your work skills, or
- Simply pursue your interests
Enhance Your Study Skills
We have programmes that enhance study skills and allow you to discover what is expected at tertiary level study. There are specific pathways if you are interested in further study, e.g. health (e.g. nursing, midwifery) or sport science.
A range of short courses are also available. These include grammar and report writing online, basic computing, and a variety of Adult Community Education classes that are offered in partnership with community education providers.
Study Skills Programmes
Certificate in Introduction to Study (Level 2)
Certificate in Introduction to Study (Level 4)
SPACE — Self-Paced Applied Computer Education
Writing made easy
Business Administration and Information Technology
Health and Social Practice
Youth Guarantee Programmes
Maori and Pasifika Trades Training Programmes
My Career Pathway
Are you interested in getting involved in a trade but unsure which one best suits you? My Career Pathway is a Level 2, project-based vocational programme where you'll gain the skills you need to move into entry level employment or further education pathways.
You can choose to study one of the three following strands and vocational pathways:
- Manufacturing & Technology: Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Construction and Infrastructure: Building, Plumbing and Gas Fitting
- Fresh Green Start: Horticulture, Arboriculture, and Landscape Construction
You'll learn a range of skills through fun hands-on project-based activities.
What you will achieve:
In just 6 months you'll learn core skills and capabilities such as self-confidence , trades skills and knowledge, literacy and numeracy and you'll also gain
- New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills level 2
- As well as 60 credits in a vocational pathway
- And a further 20 credits which will count towards the NCEA level 2 qualification