Social and Community Pathway
The Social and Community Services Vocational Pathway will lead you into roles which involve caring for people. Expect work which is focused on social justice, fairness and dealing directly with people in the community, at times in their life when they really need it. You will find these jobs very satisfying and rewarding. You might work in healthcare, childcare, education, social services, mental health or community services. Please see Youth Guarantee for a comprehensive list of vocational opportunities in this Pathway.
Below is a flow chart showing how you might progress through this Vocational Pathway, starting at secondary school level. Click on any bullet-pointed programme for more details.
Year 10, 11 and 12
STAR Experiences: Try a quick STAR experience to get an idea of what study and work in this industry will be like...
You've now finished school, what will you do? Start a job or apprenticeship, or come back to Wintec and learn some more...
- Certificate in Introduction to Study (Level 4)
- Certificate in Social Services (Level 4)
- National Certificate in Mental Health and Addiction Support (Level 4)
- Diploma in Enrolled Nursing (Level 5)
- National Diploma in Mental Health (Mental Health Support) (Level 6)
- Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood Education) (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Nursing (For Undergraduates) (Level 7) Modules
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling)
- Bachelor of Social Work