- PhD Candidate, University of Auckland, NZ
- Bachelor of Social Work University of Calgary, Canada (1988)
- Graduate Diploma Professional Supervision (2007)
- Post graduate Diploma Social Work, University of Auckland (2013)
- Certificate Adult Tertiary Education (2013)
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- Registered social worker (RSW)
- Member of the Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work Journal editorial collective https://anzswjournal.nz/anzsw
- Member of the Aotearoa New Zealand Re-imagining Social Work collective http://www.reimaginingsocialwork.nz/
- Child protection social worker and supervisor in NZ and in the UK (2001-2011).
- Professional social work supervisor (2007 – current)
- Experience: Child protection social work, critical reflective practice, supervision, social work theory and practice, fieldwork education, curriculum design and development.
The relationship between social work, the media and social media, professional supervision, social work education and inter-professional practice.
Stanfield, D., Beddoe, L., Ballantyne, N., Lowe, S., & Renata, N. (2017). Critical conversations: Social workers' perceptions of the use of a closed Facebook group as a participatory professional space. Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work, 29 (3), pp. 42-54 https://anzswjournal.nz/anzsw/article/view/311
Stanfield, D., & Beddoe, L. (2016). Social work and social media in Aotearoa New Zealand: Educating social workers across shifting boundaries of social work identity. Social Work Education, 35(3), 284-296. doi: 10.1080/02615479.2016.1154663
Stanfield, D., & Beddoe, L. (2013). Social work and the media: A collaborative challenge. Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work, 25(4). pp. 41-51. ISSN 1178-5527 https://anzswjournal.nz/anzsw/article/view/62