I have a Masters in Sport and Exercise Science, and a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Sport and Exercise Science. I have just submitted my PhD in environmental physiology and sports nutrition and am an accredited anthropometrist and Chartered Scientist and Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist with BASES.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- Tenure at Wintec: February 2017 – Present
- 2016-2017 Durham University; Part-time Lecturer – Medicine and the Community
- 2014-2017 Teesside Univeristy; Part-time Lecturer – Anatomy and Biomechanics
- 2015-2017 SimplyRussBest Sports Nutrition Consultancy
- 2014-2017 Nutrition Consultant for Full Potential Performance Ltd.
- Travelled to China to visit and present at Beijing Sports University
- Recipient of the British Milers Club Frank Horwill Scholarship
- Represented club, university, district, county and region in Athletics and Cross Country at National and International competitions
- Selected to represent British Universities at the Loughborough International Athletics Meet 2012
- Spent two extended periods in Kenya for training camps
- BASES Accredited Sports Scientist
- Chartered Scientist
- Certified Anthropometrist (ISAK Level 1)
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Menthol, Nutritional Strategies to support Endurance Sports, Environmental Physiology and Polo.
What do you love about your job?
The flexibility and mixture of what we do. Teaching is great, and Wintec have provided me opportunities to develop in that area but combining that with research and having the freedom to pursue and develop my own interests in a range of areas is really rewarding.
What keeps you busy outside of work?Having just had a baby, he’s keeping us pretty busy. But I enjoy reading, running, writing and horse riding too.