- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec, 2012.
- Bachelor of Nursing, Eastern Institute of Technology, 2007.
- Registered midwife, 1990.
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing (Midwifery), Wellington Polytechnic, 1989.
- Registered comprehensive nurse, 1986.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- New Zealand College of Midwives (NZCOM) Midwifery Standards Reviewer, 2006-current.
- Hawkes Bay District Health Board (HBDHB) Infection Prevention & Control Liaison Officer, 2006-current.
- Member of the Hawkes Bay District Health Board Flight team (Midwifery).
- Member of the New Zealand College of Midwives.
- Member of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Core midwife and secondary care.
Exempt from research requirements as a clinical tutor, but involved in nationwide hPod and TARGET studies through the Hawkes Bay District Health Board, looking at diabetes in pregnancy.
Involved with in-house audit and unit projects related to Infection Control within the Hawkes Bay District Health Board.