I enjoy growing plants, mostly orchids, and also enjoy hiking.
- Winner of poster prize in APATCC 2019, University of Sydney
- Held a PhD Marsden scholarship from Royal Society of New Zealand
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Waikato
- MSc in Physical Chemistry, University of Tehran
- BSc in Chemistry, University of Tehran
- Student in Cert in Adult Education, Wintec
Areas of expertise
Industry experience, affiliations, and achievements
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Simulated Electronic Absorption Spectra of Sulfur-Containing Molecules Present in Earth’s Atmosphere- https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpca.9b04668
- Spectroscopy of OSSO and Other Sulfur Compounds Thought to be Present in the Venus Atmosphere (under review)
What do you enjoy about teaching/your job?
I enjoy supporting students in their learning journey and achieving their goals. My biggest joy is seeing them graduate work-ready and start their jobs.
What do you love about your area?
It’s hands-on and is applied in most industries. I also love how fast-improving the area of teaching/learning is and love learning about it.
Tell us about your experience in the industry
I was QC/QA group manager in the polymer industry in three companies; biodegradable polymers (Bio Ctech), irrigating pipes (Ablooleh), and furniture (Kishwood) industries.