- Study at Wintec
- Centre for Health and Social Practice
- Our Staff
- Katrina Fyers
Senior Academic Staff Member
- MA (Applied) Nsg (Victoria, 2009)
- PG Cert Child and Family Nursing (Wintec, 2004)
- RGON (Waikato, 1981)
- CATE (Wintec, 2011)
Area of Expertise
- Expanding primary health care nursing, developing and supporting nurse led services to meet population need.
- Professional development for PHC nurses and development of New Entry To Practice programmes in PHC contexts.
- Accredited Trainer Flinders Chronic Condition Management Programme
Industry Experience, Affiliation and Achievements
- Clinical experience encompasses working in the community as a Practice Nurse, District Nurse, Community Ear Nurse and as an educator.
- Member of NZNO and College of Primary Health Care Nurses (NZNO)
Research and Scholarly Activity
- Narrative inquiry approaches to highlighting nursing work in general practice settings.
- Practice development and developing EBP for PHC nursing
- Fyers, K, Couch, M. Hunter, R.& McHaffie. J. (2010). Facilitating health promoting nursing practice. Presentation to the Public Health
- Association of New Zealand Conference
- Fyers, K (2010). Practice and Education in Primary Health Care. Presentation to the Collage of Essentials IV Midlands College of Practice Nurses (NZNO).
- Fyers, K. & Walton, J.A. (2009). The nature and reality of practice nurse work in New Zealand. Presentation to the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners Annual Scientific Conference Research day