Principal Academic Staff Member and Programme Coordinator for Diploma in Applied Science
Since moving to New Zealand in 2009, I have thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful scenery and lifestyle it has to offer. I enjoy exploring new places and getting to know people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
I have a great passion for chemistry and education, as both play such an important role in our lives, opening so many opportunities.
- PhD Chemistry, Auckland University
- MSc Chemistry, Jagiellonian University, Poland
- MSc Chemistry, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Education (Level 5), Wintec
- Certificate in Adult Teaching, Wintec
Areas of expertise
Industry experience, affiliations, and achievements
- Matuszek, A. M., & Reynisson, J. (2016). Defining known drug space using DFT. Molecular informatics, 35(2), 46-53.
- Buchalska, M., Kobielusz, M., Matuszek, A., Pacia, M., Wojtyła, S., & Macyk, W. (2015). On oxygen activation at rutile-and anatase-TiO2. ACS Catalysis, 5(12), 7424-7431.
- Robinson, E., Leung, E., Matuszek, A. M., Krogsgaard-Larsen, N., Furkert, D. P., Brimble, M. A., ... & Reynisson, J. (2015). Virtual screening for novel Atg5–Atg16 complex inhibitors for autophagy modulation. MedChemComm, 6(1), 239-246.
- Matuszek, A. (2014). Defining Known Drug Space by DFT based molecular descriptors. Virtual screening for novel Atg5-Atg16 complex inhibitors for autophagy modulation (Doctoral dissertation, ResearchSpace@ Auckland).
- Akagi, J., Kordon, M., Zhao, H., Matuszek, A., Dobrucki, J., Errington, R., ... & Wlodkowic, D. (2013). Real‐time cell viability assays using a new anthracycline derivative DRAQ7®. Cytometry Part A, 83(2), 227-234.
- Akagi, J., Takeda, K., Fujimura, Y., Matuszek, A., Khoshmanesh, K., & Wlodkowic, D. (2013). Microflow cytometry in studies of programmed tumor cell death. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 189, 2-10.
- Akagi, J., Skommer, J., Matuszek, A., Takeda, K., Fujimura, Y., Khoshmanesh, K., ... & Darzynkiewicz, Z. (2013, March). Multivariate analysis of apoptotic markers versus cell cycle phase in living human cancer cells by microfluidic cytometry. In Microfluidics, BioMEMS, and Medical Microsystems XI (Vol. 8615, p. 86150W). International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Kim, E. J., Matuszek, A. M., Yu, B., & Reynisson, J. (2011). Theoretical investigations into the role of aryl nitrenium ions’ stability on their mutagenic potential. Australian Journal of Chemistry, 64(7), 910-915.