Senior Academic Staff Member
- Bachelor of Social Work, Massey University 1982
- Certificate in Social Work Supervision, Auckland College of Education, NZ, 2000
- C.A.T.E., Wintec, 2007
- Certificate of Competency, ANZASW
- Registered Social Worker, NZSWRB
Twenty-seven years as a Social Worker in the areas of health and disability, mental health and elderly. In that time, have worked in project management, community development, case management, group work and education. Also have provided professional social work supervision for 9 years to community and government social workers, counsellors and managers.
Prior to joining Wintec in 2003:
- Coordinating a project with artists who are users of mental health services
- Part time provider of professional supervision for Social Workers and Cousellors
Area of Specialisation
Education and understanding regarding Te Tiriti/Treaty of Waitangi and its impact on social work services. Trust member for the Art Makers Trust, Hamilton.
Research & Scholarly Activity
Completed first formal research project in 2008 which was presented at the Christchurch NZAC research conference in 2008. The topic was regarding a teaching method used in teaching Te Tiriti/Treaty of Waitangi.