- Certificate of Adult Tertiary Education, Wintec, 2007.
- Certificate in Social Work Supervision, Auckland College of Education, 2000.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Massey University, 1982.
- Certificate of Competency, Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers.
- Registered Social Worker, New Zealand Social Workers Registration Board.
Industry Experience, Affiliations and Achievements
- 27+ years in social work in the areas of health and disability, mental health and the elderly, including work in:
- Project management
- Community development
- Case management
- Group work
- 9 years of providing professional social work supervision to community and government social workers, counsellors and managers.
- Trust member for the Art Makers Trust, Hamilton.
Areas of Expertise and Research
- Education and understanding about Te Tiriti/the Treaty of Waitangi and its impact on social work services.
Coordinated a project with artists who are users of mental health services.
Presented research on a teaching method used in teaching Te Tiriti/the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand Association of Counsellors Research Conference, Christchurch, 2008.