- Study at Wintec
- Centre for Health and Social Practice
- Our Staff
- Rawiri (David) Waretini-Karena
Rawiri (David) Waretini-Karena
Academic Staff Member
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Māori Counselling), 2004, Waikato Institute of Technology
- Masters of Arts: (Commercial Music), 2009, Waikato Institute of Technology
Area of Expertise
- Programme Manager Te Whiuwhiu O Te Hau – Māori Counselling
- Kaupapa Māori Theories integrated into Counselling Practice.
Industry Experience, Affiliation and Achievements
- Over 15 years experience in alternatives to Violence Facilitation in prisons as well as in the community.
- Director-facilitator CAPS (Coalition Action for Public Safety) Waikato
- Radio Show Host You Be The Judge; Highlighting issues that impact on the community
- Project Rainbow documentary making on social issues in the community
- Native Assessor; Nga Uri Whakatupuranga O Maukoro - Sovereign Native Court
- Private Māori Counselling Practice for Nga Kaitiaki O Te Ture Social Advocate Services
- NZAC & Web site portfolio for Te Whariki Tautoko Māori Practitioners Governing Body
- Prior to joining Wintec in February 2004: Co-ordinator and Chairman Alternatives to Violence Project Waikato; Supervisor Security Officer - Hamilton Security Services
Research and Scholarly Activity
- Dissertation-Thesis; Māori Show Bands; Intrepid Journeys.