|Entry level||Ages 15 and above|
|Total Cost||$65.00 (GST Inc.) per student|
27 March 2020 - limited spaces available
12 June 2020 - limited spaces available
28 August 2020
27 November 2020
What's it all about?
Are you interested in learning about fabrication? Come and join our Wintec fabrication tutors for a 1-day experience to see what it might be like as a mechanical engineer.
On the day:
- Our fabrication tutors will lead you through the basic health and safety requirements of working in a workshop.
- You will develop the primary techniques for welding thin sheet metal using a MIG (metal inert gas) welder.
- You will have time to practice your skills on a provided dice project in which you will fabricate, weld and finish. You will also be able to take your dice project home.
What to bring / wear?
- Enclosed leather footwear (boots)
- Long hair must be tied back
- Loose clothing, ballet flats, jandals and sneakers are not permitted
- Safety equipment will be provided by Wintec where required
- Morning tea, lunch and a drink
Ready to book
Students - please talk to your careers advisor as you need to book through your school.
Careers advisors please go to the Booking Form to book.