Gordon Chesterman Scholarship
The Gordon Chesterman Scholarship was established in 2012 by Wintec in recognition of the significant contribution and valued work of long-serving Chair of Council, Gordon Chesterman. The first scholarship was awarded in 2013.
A scholarship will be awarded each year, up to a maximum of $5,000 towards the cost of the recipient’s tuition fees in a single year of enrolment. The tenure of the scholarship is for one year
- Candidates for the scholarship must be a Wintec Te Pūkenga student enrolled in the School of Media Arts, Centre for Business and Enterprise, or Centre for Information Technology.
- Candidates must be studying full-time at the time of application.
- Candidates must be from the greater Waikato or Thames/Coromandel region.
- Candidates for the scholarship must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Candidates will need to complete the application form. The Komiti Āpiti Karahipi including the Group Director of the School of Media Arts, Centre for Business and Enterprise, and Centre for Information Technology and/or their chosen delegate will assess all complete applications.
The application must include:
- The completed application form.
- A written personal statement, video or voice recording outlining how this scholarship will assist the applicant in furthering their career aspirations in the field they are studying.
- A written statement (or evidence) of applicant contribution to the Greater Waikato community.
- Your referee's completed online scholarship referee questionnaire. This can be completed by a teacher or principal, a tutor, an employer, or a community/church leader (not a relative). Scholarship referee questionnaire can be found here.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
How to apply
Complete the online application form which can be found here.
The scholarship referee questionnaire can be accessed here.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find a full copy of the conditions by clicking the document below.