Education Code of Practice
What is the Code?
- Safe; physically and mentally
- Respected and accepted for who they are
- Supported in their learning and wellbeing
- Connected with the social and cultural networks of ākonga
- Include learners to have a voice in decisions about services
- Outcomes 1 and 2 focus on education providers taking a whole of organisation approach to learner wellbeing and safety, and that learner voice is embedded into the organisation.
- Outcomes 3 and 4 focus on wellbeing and safety practices for all tertiary providers and relate to physical and digital learning environments.
- Outcomes 5 – 7 focus on student accommodation to ensure that it is safe and creating inclusive communities.
- Outcomes 8 – 12 have the same requirements to the previous international Code for tertiary learners, and ensures international learners have access to the right information and support before and during their study.
What do I do if I have a concern?
If you have concerns about your experience at Wintec, the first thing you should do is talk to your tutor or support staff, submit Student Voice 24/7 feedback or contact SAWIT to discuss your concerns and your options. Please see the Student Feedback page for more information on the Wintec formal complaints process.
If you do this and find your concerns are not resolved, you can pursue an external complaint through the NZQA. The NZQA can provide an independent assessment of your complaint and will either investigate your concerns or advise you on what you can do next.
Wintec support services