Education Code of Practice
At Wintec, we are a signatory to The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021. This means we are committed to supporting the wellbeing of all our students and have a range of policies, processes, and support services aimed at ensuring students studying with us have a positive experience.
What is the Code?
The Code sets clear expectations for learner safety and wellbeing in tertiary education and has 24 outcomes. Outcomes 1-7 apply to all tertiary learners, and outcomes 8-12 apply to international learners.
- Learner wellbeing and safety systems
- Learners voice
- Safe, inclusive, supportive, and accessible physical and digital learning environments
- Learners are safe and well
- A positive, supportive, and inclusive environment in student accommodation
- Accommodation, administrative practices, and contracts
- Student accommodation facilities and services
12. Safety and appropriate supervision of international tertiary learners
Find further information on the Code, including videos here. You can explore our range of support services below:
If you have concerns about your experience at Wintec, the first thing you should do is talk to your tutor or support staff, submit Student Voice 24/7 feedback or contact SAWIT to discuss your concerns and your options. Please see the Student Feedback page for more information on the Wintec formal complaints process.
If you do this and find your concerns are not resolved, you can pursue an external complaint through the NZQA. The NZQA can provide an independent assessment of your complaint and will either investigate your concerns or advise you what you can do next.