Student Career Services
The Wintec Student Career Services offers career support, guidance, and information for all Wintec students and recent graduates; this includes help with career decision making, career resources, and making the transition from study to employment easier.
What we offer
- Curriculum vitae (CV) reviews and updates for the current job market
- Cover letter assistance
- Interview tips and tricks
- Help to develop your job search skills
We offer a friendly ear and support to help you make informed career decisions based on your values, goals, and interests.
Career workshops for students
We run regular lunchtime careers workshops to help increase your employability; topics include:
- Finding work- where to begin
- CV writing 101
- Cover letter tips and tricks
- Interview preparation
- Networking and employability
Please email email@example.com for more information on the next workshop date and location.
We have up-to-date resources on writing or updating your CV and cover letter, interview tips and tricks, and other resources to help you in your career journey on the Learner Sucess Toolkit.
Career help in the community
- Migrant Employment Solutions - for international students preparing to apply for a post-study work visa.
- Work Connect - for international students preparing to apply for a post-study work visa.
- Dress for Success - a network of support, professional attire, and the development tools to help women thrive in work and life.
For further careers information and where to look for work, here are some useful websites:
How to contact us
Phone: 0800 294 6832 ext 3714
To book an appointment, please email or pop in. We are located at the Hamilton City Campus, Room GG.47 (opposite Student Learning Services at the back of the Library).