Graduate Diploma in Operations and Production Management
- Semester 1 starts 9 February 2017
- Semester 2 intake starts 12 July 2017
- Summer School starts 5th December 2016
- Fee Guideline: $6,200 (International students: Please click here for fees)
- One year full time or part time equivalent
- Hamilton City Campus
All modules in the Graduate Diploma in Operations and Production Management are compulsory, there are no elective modules. You will study five modules specific to Operations and Production Management covering subjects such as operations and project management, product development and resource management. You will complete your qualification with the Industry Project.
VIEW THE MODULES OF STUDY HERE
Schedule of Modules
|Module Code||Module Title||Level||Credits||Pre-Requisites||Co-Requisites|
|BIBM770||Resource Integration Management||7||15|
|BIBM788||Professional Project||7||30||BIBM787 and|
|Specified Electives – select one of the following:|
|BIBM606||Introduction to Finance||6||15|
|BIBM603||Intermediate Management Accounting||6||15|
Transfer of Credit
To ensure you have the knowledge and skills to prepare you for BIBM788 Professional Project, a transfer of credit (TOC) will not normally be considered for this programme. In exceptional circumstances any TOC’s will be at the discretion of the CBITE Programme Committee and will not exceed 25% of the programme. Any such consideration for TOC’s should be made no later than two weeks before the start of this programme to allow for your individual programme of study to take any TOC’s granted into account.
More information on transfer of credit
Professional (Co-op Education) Project
A major feature of the Graduate Diploma in Operations and Production Management is the Professional Project – a 30 credit module that is your last piece of academic work. The purpose of this module is to provide you with the opportunity to understand the complexities of a working environment and to put the theory you have learnt in the classroom into practice. The Professional Project comprises two parts – a work placement and a research project. The work placement is unpaid and can be in any area of business. We encourage you to find your own placement and will consider your paid employment as part of your placement. The research project will focus on real industry research.
Due to the limited number of industry partners, only students who achieve a B+ average will have the opportunity to work onsite in a workplace to complete their research.
- A degree conferred by a New Zealand tertiary education institution
- A New Zealand Qualification Authority recognised degree from an overseas tertiary institution
- Demonstration of equivalent practical, professional or educational experiences which may include other qualifications at Level 6 and Level 7 on the National Qualifications Framework.
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in the written band.
Got a question? Talk to us today - we’re here to help:
- Phone: 0800 294 6832
- Email: email@example.com or
- Visit us: Student Enrolment & Information Centre, A block, Hamilton City Cam
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you:
Other study options
We have a range of other Graduate Diplomas in the business programme. You can also choose the: