BIBM796 – Professional Project
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To enable students to carry out a significant research project for a host organisation on a topic in a field allied to their major and present a project report in conjunction with an academic supervisor.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Assessment Criteria
- Portfolios could consist of a combination of any of the following: test, assignment, presentation, examination, project, formal report, peer observation, self-review. These could be group or individual assessments.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to define, plan and carry out a research report involving the collection, analysis and interpretation of data and theory appropriate to an approved industry topic
Synthesise solutions and draw conclusions from the analysis of data
Produce a project report of professional standard that meets the host organisation’s needs as well as academic requirements
- • Research – proposal, data collection, analysis, presentation and report