BIBM787 – Professional Practice for Business Research
Professional Practice for Business Research
To prepare students for an industry project related to their area of study.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Identify challenges and/or issues faced by business organisations today
2. Critically analyse these challenges and/or issues by applying business-related processes and theoretical knowledge
3. Demonstrate the ability to develop and present a project brief for a project on a specific organizational issue
- Elements of a research proposal:
• Introduction to research
• Identifying a research problem/issue
• Scope of the research
• Research methodology and methods
• Applying business related processes and theoretical knowledge (as part of review of literature)
• Limitations and ethical considerations of research
• Research results and analysis
• Conclusion and recommendation
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
Students must achieve a minimum of 40% in assessment 3 to be eligible to pass this module .
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.