- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours)
- Diploma of Arts (Te Tohu Paetahi)
- Diploma of Teaching (Secondary School)
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
Involvement with Wintec Employment Partnership Groups for:
- Hauora Māori Workforce
- Social Work
- Undergraduate Nursing
- Postgraduate and Graduate Nursing
Areas of expertise and research
- Māori education
- Māori health
- Indigenous epistemologies
- ‘Te Kaahu Atawhai: A holistic approach to advancing educational outcomes for Māori student nurses in a mainstream setting’. Research lead.
- ‘Evaluation of the whanau carers training programme delivered by LIFE Unlimited’. Unpublished report for LIFE Unlimited. Māori and Psychology Research Unit, University of Waikato: Hamilton, 2004.
- ‘Māori in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: An analysis of the Faculty of Arts and Social Science data records from 1997-2002’. Unpublished report, Hamilton, 2003, with Nikora, L. W., & Levy, M. P.