Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
- Semester 1 starts 20 February 2017
- Semester 2 starts 17 July 2017
- One year full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Fees Guideline: $6,796 (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
Are you interested in extending your knowledge in sport and exercise science? This one year programme is designed for you to build on your undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience with further specialist knowledge.
There is a growing demand for quality Strength and Conditioners from the Waikato regions sport performance community so we have developed a Postgraduate module in Strength and Conditioning starting this semester two, July 2016. Read about women in strength and conditioning on our blog here.
You can tailor your study towards your specialty areas or where your interest lies.
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport Coaching
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
The Postgradute Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science may lead to specialised roles in sport science research; the fitness industry; individual and team sport training and consultancy and regional and national sporting organisation positions.
- an undergraduate degree in Sport and Exercise Science with a grades average of B or better in the final year of full-time study (or equivalent in part-time study), conferred by a New Zealand tertiary education institution, or
- a qualification with a grades average of B or better in the final year of full-time study (or equivalent in part-time study), industry experience and/or informal transfer of credit approved as equivalent by the Sport Science Postgraduate Programme Committee.
1. Check that you meet the entry criteria.
2. Submit your Application to Enrol form as well as complete this form.
Candidate must also provide with their application:
- A primary identification document (original birth certificate, ( NZ full birth certificate that is issued on or after 1 January 1998 and that carries a unique identification number. Note: if the birth certificate was issued before 1998 it can be verified by a Justice of the Peace. ) passport, citizenship certificate, NZ certificate of identification or a NZ firearms licence); AND
- A second form of official identification that shows the claimed identity is used in the community (driver licence, HANZ 18+ card or IRD number); AND
- One of the two forms of identification must be photographic, verified in person against the candidate.
3. Receive acknowledgement of your application
4. Application outcome - You will receive a letter advising you of the outcome of your application
5. Confirmation of entry - You will be sent a letter of offer - you need to sign and return the letter to accept your place.
You will study at Wintec’s Centre for Sport Science & Human Performance which is located at the Rotokauri Campus. The laboratories are fully equipped and accredited with Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand and are amongst New Zealand’s best sport science facilities. As a student, you will have access to ‘state of the art’ sport testing and consulting, as used by national and international athletes.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you.