SPPG023 – Health and Wellness Psychology
Health and Wellness Psychology
To develop a practitioner who is able to critically evaluate current health and wellness psychology knowledge, the context of health and wellness psychology practice, and the development of models and strategies that meet the challenges of the environment, in order to provide best practice outcomes.
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- To meet the goals of Wintec AKO Teaching and Learning directions, three principles establish a platform from which the teaching and learning methods in this module will be based
• Learner-Centred Approach: Instructional and learning experiences that address the distinct learning needs of students
• Authentic Learning: Instructional and learning experiences that focus on connecting learning to real-world issues and problems
• Inquiry-based Learning: Learning experiences that enables students to experience the processes of knowledge creation
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse current health and wellness psychology practice by deconstructing the philosophical, historical, personal, social, and cultural context.
2. Evaluate current paradigms, orientations, theories, models and frameworks in the area and identify their own position on health and wellness psychology
3. Integrate current health and wellness psychology knowledge into personal practice, extending their personal knowledge in the area.
4. Demonstrate mastery in the application of personal and professional health and wellness psychology practices in their area.
- Exploration of health and wellness psychology practices in New Zealand.
Theories, models and frameworks of health and wellness psychology practice.
The current and future role of health and wellness psychology practice in New Zealand
Practice and application of advanced health and wellness psychology skills.
- Assessment Criteria
- An overall mark of 50% or greater is required to pass this Module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at the commencement of the course. Resources will be updated annually.