This paper aims to equip the student in the process of planning, gathering, organising, analysing and feeding back information related to performance in sport.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- To meet the goals of Wintec AKO Teaching and Learning directions, three principles establish a platform from which the teaching and learning methods in this module will be based
• Learner-Centred Approach: Instructional and learning experiences that address the distinct learning needs of students
• Authentic Learning: Instructional and learning experiences that focus on connecting learning to real-world issues and problems
Inquiry-based Learning: Learning experiences that enables students to experience the processes of knowledge creation
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Evaluate the issues facing Performance Analysts working in industry, as well as how
their role has changed over time and future directions.
2. Design and create information workflows and appraise how they affect a
performance analyst's productivity.
3. Create examples of best practice when using software and hardware during information gathering and processing.
- • What performance analysis is
• Workflow, software, and hardware systems
• Data collection and management
• Problem solving, profiling and information analysis
• Feeding back findings to players and coaches
- Assessment Criteria
- An overall mark of 50% or greater is required to pass this Module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.