SPPG022 – Advanced Performance Analysis
Advanced Performance Analysis
To equip the student to work closely with coaches and players helping them prepare for games via training support, performance reviews, opposition scouts, motivational videos, and debriefing.
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- To meet the goals of Wintec AKO Teaching and Learning directions, three principles establish a platform from which the teaching and learning methods in this module will be based
• Learner-Centred Approach: Instructional and learning experiences that address the distinct learning needs of students
• Authentic Learning: Instructional and learning experiences that focus on connecting learning to real-world issues and problems
Inquiry-based Learning: Learning experiences that enables students to experience the processes of knowledge creation
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Test various systems and software's commonly utilised by analysts within industry, appraising the strengths and weaknesses of each.
2. Compare various methods available for interpreting gathered information as well as identifying trends and problem solving.
3. Experiment integrating theoretical knowledge into workplace practice.
4. Examine the appropriate interpersonal and professional skills, which are needed when working in this industry.
- • Coach and player communication
• Analysis systems design
• Video capture and editing
• Data capture and creating statistics
• Integrating new sports technologies into trainings and games
• Data analysis including identifying trends and patterns
- Assessment Criteria
- An overall mark of 50% or greater is required to pass this Module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.