Advanced Topics In Rehabilitation
To develop a final-phase rehabilitation practitioner who is able to critically evaluate and apply current rehabilitation knowledge. Such a practitioner understands the context and scope of rehabilitation practice, is able to develop models and strategies that meet the challenges of the final-phase rehabilitation environment; and is equipped to provide theoretical and clinical best practice outcomes.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Critically evaluate, identify and define the scope of practice and provision of final-phase rehabilitation.
2. Critically evaluate specific topics in final-phase rehabilitation theory and practice.
3. Demonstrate personal professional final-phase rehabilitation practice; undertaking professional final-phase rehabilitation practice.
4. Expand and extend technical skills pertinent to best practice provision of final-phase rehabilitation programmes.
5. Integrate clinical evaluation, prescription and programme management techniques into personal practice.
- Current final-phase rehabilitation practice and provision
The scope of rehabilitation practice in New Zealand
Specific topics in final-phase rehabilitation included but not limited to:
• Motor vehicle accident
• Sport injury
• Professional final-phase rehabilitation practice
- Assessment Criteria
- An overall mark of 50% or greater is required to pass this Module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at the commencement of the course. Resources will be updated annually.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- To meet the goals of Wintec AKO Teaching and Learning directions, three principles establish a platform from which the teaching and learning methods in this module will be based
• Learner-Centred Approach: Instructional and learning experiences that address the distinct learning needs of students
• Authentic Learning: Instructional and learning experiences that focus on connecting learning to real-world issues and problems
• Inquiry-based Learning: Learning experiences that enables students to experience the processes of knowledge creation