Relationship with Tainui
We maintain a close relationship with Tainui and are committed to enhancing the educational experience and outcomes for Māori in Waikato.
We have a number of key positions and initiatives to ensure we meet the educational and training aspirations of whānau, hapū, iwi, and Māori community organisations in our region:
- Kaumātua - advisor to the Council and CE
- Director Māori - executive committee member
- Scholarships - for both Māori students and staff
- Māori Trades Training - a joint initiative with Te Wānanga o Aotearoa and Tainui
- The land - a history of the land on which our City Campus sits