Kia ora, tālofa, mālo e lelei, kia orāna, nisa bula vinaka, mauri, mālo ni, fakalofa lahi atu, fakatalofa atu, aloha, halo, alii, ekamowir omo, noa’ia e mauri.
Our vision is that Pacific cultures are woven into the fabric of Wintec. Our mission is to inspire Pacific excellence at Wintec.
We want our Pacific students to feel that Wintec is a home for them, where their individual identities are welcomed and celebrated, and their learning journey is supported.
Through honouring the cultural traditions and practices of the different islands and nations that make up the Moana, we embrace every aspect of the student, their families and communities, and respond to their journeys in a way that supports and encourages our Pacific students to pursue their passion.
Meet our Pacific team
Pacific Reference Group
The Pacific Staff Reference Group are Wintec staff members who, alongside the Pacific Lead, are responsible for helping develop and deliver Pacific initiatives that promote the sustainability of all our Wintec community members, including our stakeholders. The Pacific Staff Reference Group members come from various areas of Wintec, bringing their individual strengths, cultures, and knowledge to help the Pacific strategy come to life.
The Pacific Staff Reference Group are:
- Stanley Caffery, Academic Staff Member, Centre for Trades
- Melisa Fotu, Kaiāwhina, Te Kete Kōnae
- Will Helu, Student Advisor – Youth Pathways, Centre for Education and Foundation Pathways
- Sau Lauyoung, Kaiāwhina, Te Kete Kōnae
- Yvonne Maru, Student Advisor – Youth Pathways, Centre for Education and Foundation Pathways
- Joseph Monise, Academic Staff Member, Centre for Business and Enterprise
- Selina Penjueli, Office Manager, Centre for Education and Foundation Pathways
- Ted Pogai, Pasifika Learning Advisor, Te Kete Kōnae
- Koro Robb, Kaiāwhina, Te Kete Kōnae
- Greg Smith, Centre Director, Centre for Sport Science and Human Performance
- Vesi Vaimoso, Kaiāwhina, Te Kete Kōnae
- Faith Wilson, Communications Advisor
Support and how to contact us
There is lots of support available at Wintec to help with study support, personal matters, and much more. Check out the Student Resources page for more details on the different services we offer to help you with your learning journey.
Wintec joined a group of Iwi and Pacific community groups, employers, and ITOs to develop the Māori and Pasifika Trades Training initiative that brings together the best support, experience, and learning — for free. For information on our Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT), click here.
You can also like and follow our Wintec Māori and Pasifika Facebook page, where we share our Māori and Pacific news stories and information about Wintec and community events.
If you would like to contact us, please get in touch with our Pacific Lead Rose Marsters.