Animal Care (level 3)
Upon successful completion of the Animal Care level 3 programme, you will be awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Companion Animals) (Level 3)
- Semester 1 starts February 2018
- Semester 2 starts July 2018
- Fees: $4,070* (per semester)
- One Semester, full-time
- Wintec Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
This programme is a perfect starting point if you are interested in caring for animals in non-production contexts such as pet stores, animal rescue centres, boarding and training facilities.
Graduate opportunities include working as an assistant in pet stores, animal rescue centres, pet grooming, animal day care, animal training, and boarding facilities.
This is a practical programme including 80 hours of work placement.
- Animal biology
- Animal hygiene and health
- Routine animal care
- Animal welfare and ethics
VIEW THE MODULES OF STUDY HERE
Schedule of Modules
Schedule A: Common Core Modules
- Candidates are required to have:
- NCEA Level 1 comprised of 80 credits at NCEA Level 1 or above, Literacy (10 credits at NCEA Level 1) and Numeracy (10 credits at NCEA Level 1); or
- A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 2 or above; or
Graduates of this qualification are likely to be employed in a range of businesses associated with the care of animals. This may include people working as assistants in pet stores, animal rescue centres, pet grooming, animal day care, animal training, and boarding facilities.
Graduates may progress in to further Animal Technology study at Wintec – in Veterinary Nurse Assistant or Rural Animal Technician programmes.