Wintec has created 'Te Ngāwhā Whakatupu to support staff to grow and enhance their capabilities, in order to realise its whole-of-organisation approach to Maori educational success.
The framework encourages staff to build competency in 5 core areas:
- Māori Teaching and learning Theory and Practice
- Te Tiriti Understanding the Treaty of Waitangi and how it applies at Wintec
- Ahurea Māori Culture and Society
- Tikanga Māori Cultural Practices and Etiquette
- Te Reo Māori Language and Pronunciation