Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours)
- Semester 1 starts 20 February 2017
- One year full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Fee Guideline: $6,796 (Per Year) (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
If you would like to extend your undergraduate degree with specialist research skills and knowledge in sport and exercise science then this programme is designed for you.
The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours) is s research-intensive programme and involves papers including Advanced Research Methods (30 credits), a dissertation (60 credits) and a selected specialist area (30 credits).
You are able to tailor your programme to suit your needs.
There are options in:
- Exercise Physiology Sport Coaching
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise (Honours) may lead to employment as a tertiary teacher, in research and sport consultancy and more specialised roles in sport science at regional and national level.
Upon completion of this programme further tertiary study at Masters or Doctorate level can be undertaken.
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science, with a grade average of B or better in the final year of full-time study (or equivalent in part-time study), and
- Grade of B or better in the third year research project (or equivalent), or
- Equivalent undergraduate degree
You will study at Wintec’s Centre for Sport Science & Human Performance which is located at the Rotokauri Campus. The laboratories are fully equipped and accredited with Sport Science New Zealand and are amongst New Zealand's best sport science facilities. As a student, you will have access to ‘state of the art’ sport testing and consulting, as used by national and international athletes.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you.