General academic admission
Candidates must have gained either:
- An undergraduate degree conferred by a New Zealand tertiary education institution with a mark average of B (65 %) or above in the final year of study; or
- A qualification, industry experience and/or assessment of prior learning approved as equivalent by the Programme Committee.
a) Candidates must also:
i. Demonstrate the ability to undertake independent practical and theoretical research at a minimum level equivalent to a level 7 Bachelor’s research project. This will be demonstrated by successfully completing all three components of the Training
Needs Analysis (TNA) with 75 % or above. The TNA consists of:
- The Online Training Needs Analysis
- Submission of a professional and research evidence portfolio
- An entry interview with the Team Manager Postgraduate (or delegate) and one approved academic supervisor of the Postgraduate Certificate
ii. Have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or a portfolio of industry embedded innovation or entrepreneurship projects that demonstrate the ability to co-create or be fit for purpose.
iii. Have a research theme or problem approved by Wintec
iv. Sign appropriate agreements and to be willing to comply with agreed protocols related to the research project;
v. Submit all their application documentation in English.
b) Entry into the programme is subject to adequate resourcing; the provision of academic supervision, industry mentorship, pastoral care as well as technical resources;
c) All application and enrolment decisions will be presented and ratified by the Centre’s Programme Committee.
English language requirements
Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.5, with no individual band score lower than 6.0; or equivalent.