Master of Science (Sport and Exercise Science)
- Semester 1 starts 20 February 2017
- Two years full-time, or part-time equivalent
- Fee Guideline: $6,796 (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- Rotokauri Campus, Hamilton
The Master of Science (Sport and Exercise Science) is designed for you if you wish to extend your undergraduate degree with further specialist skills and knowledge. It is most suited to you if you are wanting to continue onto a Doctoral programme or into higher level positions in the workforce.
You can tailor your programme to suit your needs. There are options in:
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport Coaching
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Strength and Conditioning
Thesis or paper(s) and dissertation options are also available.
The Master of Science (Sport and Exercise Science) may lead to employment as a tertiary Teacher, research and sport consultant, or an individual and team sport trainer and conditioner.
Upon completion of this programme further tertiary study at Doctorate level can be undertaken.
- An undergraduate degree in Sport and Exercise Science, or equivalent, with a grade average of B or better (including any failed modules) in the final year of full-time study, (or equivalent in parttime study), or
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science, or equivalent, with a grade average of B or better (including any failed modules), or
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours) with first or second class honours, or
- Equivalent qualification
- Subject to successful
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an international English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.5; or equivalent.
1. Check that you meet the entry criteria.
2. Submit your Application to Enrol form as well as complete this form.
Candidate must also provide with their application:
- A primary identification document (original birth certificate, ( NZ full birth certificate that is issued on or after 1 January 1998 and that carries a unique identification number. Note: if the birth certificate was issued before 1998 it can be verified by a Justice of the Peace. ) passport, citizenship certificate, NZ certificate of identification or a NZ firearms licence); AND
- A second form of official identification that shows the claimed identity is used in the community (driver licence, HANZ 18+ card or IRD number); AND
- One of the two forms of identification must be photographic, verified in person against the candidate.
3. Receive acknowledgement of your application
4. Application outcome - You will receive a letter advising you of the outcome of your application
5. Confirmation of entry - You will be sent a letter of offer - you need to sign and return the letter to accept your place.
You will study at Wintec’s Centre for Sport Science & Human Performance which is located at the Rotokauri Campus. The laboratories are fully equipped and accredited with Sport Science New Zealand and are amongst New Zealand's best sport science facilities. As a student, you will have access to ‘state of the art’ sport testing and consulting, as used by national and international athletes.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you.