Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 7)
- Semester 1 starts 17 February 2017
- Semester 2 starts 17 July 2017
- Summer school starts 11th November 2016
- International Students with an IT background may join the intakes above, however, those without an IT background must start join separate intakes that begin in May and November.
- One year full-time, two years part-time
- Fee Guideline: $6,796 (International students: Please click here for fee information)
- City Campus, Hamilton
With the ever-increasing technological emphasis of today’s business world, this Information Technology qualification is a healthy addition to any degree. You can extend your skills and career opportunities in one year of full-time study or two years of part-time study.
If you have already completed a degree in any field, and you wish to gain an IT qualification, then this Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 7) will advance your qualification and experience to create opportunities in a wide range of computing and information technology occupations.
It provides you with the relevant skills and knowledge to improve career prospects in a diversity of occupations involving information technology.
International students with a computing degree wishing to gain a New Zealand-based IT qualification are welcome to apply.
The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 7) consists of three compulsory and seven elective modules, all at Level 6 or above. The compulsory modules cover systems analysis, programming and databases. For the elective modules you will choose two at Level 6 and five at Level 7.
Note: Most Level 7 modules have pre-requisites and these should be discussed with the Programme Manager before enrolling. The compulsory modules require no previous IT knowledge.
The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (Level 7) may lead to employment in a wide range of information technology positions including Database Administrator, Systems Analyst, Computer Programmer, Multimedia Developer, Educator, Business Analyst or Network Manager.
- A degree conferred by a New Zealand tertiary education institution, or
- An equivalent qualification approved by the Programme Committee, or
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate equivalent practical, professional or educational experience to the satisfaction of the Programme Committee
- Candidates who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.0, with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent.
Download the full programme regulations:
You will study at Wintec’s Centre for Business, Information Technology and Enterprise which is located at Wintec’s main campus in Hamilton City. You will experience small class sizes and one-on-one contact with the experienced tutors. You will also have access to a range of specialist facilities including networking, electronics and computing laboratories. The Centre consults directly with many commercial and industrial organisations to ensure all programmes provide you with the appropriate skills and knowledge required for a career in the IT industry.
Need help? Want to know how to get started?
Leave your details here and we will come back to you: