COMP716 – Virtualisation Essentials
To enable students to gain an understanding of the architecture, components, and operation of server-based virtualisation infrastructure and meet organisational requirements.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate an understanding of server-based virtualisation infrastructure.
2. Implement, configure and troubleshoot virtualisation infrastructure in a medium size organisation.
3. Analyse, design, implement and troubleshoot a virtual infrastructure plan for a medium size organisation.
- Software-Defined data centre
- Virtualisation hosts and servers
- How virtualisation supports business needs
- Planning infrastructure roll-out
- Clones and templates
Virtual networks and storage
- iSCI, NFS
- Virtual disk provisioning
Resource management and monitoring
- Resource pools
- CPU and memory optimisation
- Fault tolerance
- Data protection
- Backup solutions
- Diagnose and solve problems
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching methods will involve theoretical and practical classes, which may include but not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, case studies, simulations, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face, guest lectures and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Computer Network lab