What do you love about your job?
I like the people – whether it’s the students, the staff or people we work with externally. I find working with a variety of people to be very interesting.
What is your experience in the industry?
I graduated with my degree in 2001, since then I have worked around the world as a practitioner and athlete. I have been teaching at Wintec since 2011.
- Teikyo University Rugby (Testing and consulting)
- Triathlon and Ironman (Testing and Consulting)
- Māori and Indigenous Health Consultant
- New Zealand Rugby League National Trainers Accreditation
- Waikato Rugby League (Trainer, Strength and Conditioner)
- New Zealand Māori Rugby League (Trainer, Strength and Conditioner)
- New Zealand Universities and Tertiary Students Rugby League (Council member, strength and conditioning consultant)
- New Zealand Rugby League (Consultant, Trainer)
What are your qualifications and educational background?
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- Postgraduate Diploma of Sport and Exercise Science (with Distinction)
- Master of Science (Sport and Exercise Science, with Distinction)
- Doctoral Candidate
What are your areas of interest?
- Exercise physiology
- Strength and conditioning
- Athletic performance
- Māori, Pasifika, and indigenous health
What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I am currently working on completing my PhD. Also, sport as a player, a coach, and as a parent – that’s what keeps me busy.