Dr Glynis Longhurst
What do you love about your job?
Being able to see our students grow and use their new fond knowledge to enhance the well-being of our clients in the Biokinetic clinic.
Hobbies and interests
I have a keen interest in alternative health and wellbeing. Putting the science into this gives me a better understanding of my own health and wellbeing. I guess my main hobby is doing a variety of online courses, to keep up to date with new trends.
- 1991 BA (Psychology and Human Movement)
- 2010 Diploma Sports Massage
- 1995 Higher Education Diploma (Postgraduate)
- 1995 Masters in Human Movement Science
- 2002 PhD (Sport Science)
- 2011 Certificate in Adult Teaching
- 2017 Certificate in Exercise Prescription for the Prevention and Treatment of Disease
Industry experience, affiliations and achievements
- Accreditation: South African Professional Institute of Kinderkinetics, Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Member of the International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity and South African Professional Institute for Kinderkinetics.
- Secretary General of the International Council for Physical Activity and Fitness Research
- Clinic Manager for the Wintec Biokinetic Clinic
- Board Member Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand (SESNZ) Accreditation portfolio
Areas of expertise and research
- Adapted Physical Activity
- Motor Learning
- Exercise prescription for special populations
Commissioned research report to external bodies
- 2012 Taekwon-Do Research Voucher
- 2012 Ethnic minority Physical Activity Initiatives: Hamilton, New Zealand
- 2013 Hare Orange Correctional Services
- 2014 Hamilton City Council. Activate Communities Park project.