SPOE508 – Outdoor Workplace Practice - Practicum
Outdoor Workplace Practice - Practicum
To provide students with the time to practice and use there outdoor instructional or guiding skills in a range of outdoor activities whilst working within a safety management system.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Blended Learning; Group work; Practical activities
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Apply knowledge of Instruction or guiding skills to outdoor activities.
2: Apply knowledge of safety management systems within an organisation.
3: Apply safe self-management and sustainable practices to participate safely in a range of outdoor activities.
- - Instruction and guiding techniques
- Technical skills in a range of outdoor activities
- Safety Management Systems
- Organisational Awareness
- Practicum is a total of 70 hours of self-directed industry practice. (2 Weeks in the field)
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio of evidence comprises of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Texts and readings will be determined by the lecturer and will be provided to the student in the individual module handbooks.