Research Topics in Sport and Exercise
To give students the opportunity to explore a topic in depth by summarising and synthesising primary research evidence. Students will develop the capacity for independent thinking and critical judgement by conducting original research.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Demonstrate the ability and skills to complete each stage of a research project
- -Research Process
-Topic for enquiry
-Participant and non-participant observation
-Interpretation of Data
-Negotiation of access
-Maintenance of goodwill in the field
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- This is an individual student project and learning is via a process of enquiry with intensive support from an individual supervisor. This support will include individual feedback on the research design, conduct and write up.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.