SPHP702 – Advanced Sport Coaching
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Advanced Sport Coaching
To provide students with advanced knowledge, skills and professional competencies in the field of sport coaching.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse and synthesise principles and practices that contribute to the coaching process.
2. Apply current sports science knowledge to an athlete for improved performance
3. Apply appropriate programme planning and design considerations
- - The Coaching Process
- Performance Coaching
- Athlete Profiling
- Season Planning and Designing Programmes
- Performance Analysis
- Technology in Coaching
- Team Cohesion
- Advanced Skill Learning
- Implementing Training Methods
- Emotional Intelligence
- Coaching Pathways
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching methods include lectures, coaching observations, practical coaching, seminars and independent assignments
- Basic of Assessment
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.