Advanced Exercise Programme Design
To provide students with the understanding of best practise for training the athlete population.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Administer and interpret Functional Movement Screens.
2.Individualise warm-up and cool-down sessions for a range of athletes/sports.
3.Assessment, prescription and periodization for the development of strength, aerobic/anaerobic capacity, flexibility/mobility, speed and agility.
4.Design and implement recovery strategies for athletes.
5.Assessment and monitoring of body composition.
- Functional Movement Screens
Warm-up and cool-down
- Aerobic capacity
- Anaerobic capacity
- Speed and agility
Muscular endurance, strength, hypertrophy and power (including plyometrics)
- Proprioception, stabilisation and injury prevention
Body weight management (Kinanthropometry)
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures / Tutorials / Discussions
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.