SCRN503 – Screen Technology one
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Screen Technology one
To give students a practical understanding of the technical skills and knowledge required to produce screen-based work..
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of production tools
2. Analyse and apply codes and conventions of a range of screen practices.
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process
4. Create and integrate a broad range of content in response to a project brief.
- Structure and processes of video camera and handling techniques
- Studio and exterior lighting strategies
- Sound recording.
- Postproduction sound.
- Postproduction editing skills.
- Documentary production.
- Screen industry analysis
- Communication with a range of cultures including Maori
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.