To introduce students to the fundamental aspects of video production practice and conventions through examination and application of the distinguishing features of basic screen production processes.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of filmmaking procedures and skills.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of post-production editing conventions.
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process.
4. Create and integrate a broad range of content in response to project briefs.
- • Video camera functions and image capture overview
• Sound recording processes and postproduction manipulation
• Production planning
• Screen-based narrative.
• Contextual research
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio comprises multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve class teaching tutorials, workshops, group activities, presentations, critiques, Moodle interactive exercises, portfolio.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.
• Domain-specific equipment including cameras, tripods, lighting kits, and edit suites