SCRN502 – Screen Fundamentals
To introduce students to the fundamental aspects of video production practice and conventions through examination and application of the distinguishing features of basic screen production processes.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of filmmaking procedures and skills.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of post-production editing strategies.
3. Analyse and use appropriate framing and compositional strategies.
4. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process.
5. Source, analyse and integrate existing and potential content appropriate to a video project.
6. Create, develop, and integrate a broad range of content in response to project briefs.
- • Video camera functions and image capture overview
• Sound recording processes and post production manipulation
• Production planning, organizing and the role of the production manager
• Capture footage, and utilize post production tools to create a structured narrative.
• Contextual research
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.