SCMG501 – Operations Management Skills in a Supply Chain Context
Operations Management Skills in a Supply Chain Context
The aim of this module is to enable students to apply fundamental operations management knowledge and skills to supervise operations and make junior management decisions in a supply chain context.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify and apply appropriate strategies and tools to manage the risks and constraints in the supply chain process.
2. Apply intermediate spreadsheet skills to practice basic financial tools in managing the supply chain process.
3. Understand the requirements of continuous performance enhancement and apply data analysis methods and optimization tools to improve performance continuously in the supply chain context.
- - Risk Management:
- Constraint Management:
- Basic data analysis methodologies, tools and decision making:
- Financial investment awareness and literacy:
- Spreadsheet skills (intermediate):
- Continuous improvements:
- Optimization tools
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at the commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.