REST404 – Applied Advanced Beverage Service Practices
Applied Advanced Beverage Service Practices
To apply and supervise advanced beverage service practices and operations, including monitoring and maintaining legislative compliance requirements, in a hospitality establishment.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Demonstrate an understanding of, apply and supervise advanced beverage service in a
2: Monitor and maintain beverage service operations.
3: Monitor and maintain legislative compliance requirements in a hospitality establishment.
4: Monitor and maintain appropriate standards of professional behaviour and practice in the
- - Introduction to wine; Wine evaluation; Fortified wines
- Beer styles and types
- Knowledge of spirits and liqueurs
- Advanced beverage service skills
- Beverage menu styles
- Supervisory skills in a beverage service environment
- Types of beverage establishments in the hospitality industry
- Legislative and compliance requirements relating to beverage service
- Professional behaviour and practice attributes: Reliability, time management, problem
solving, cultural understanding and diversity, staff management skills, communication skills,
teamwork, professional appearance and personal behaviour
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Practical - tutor -led demonstration and application in a practical context; includes team work, time management skills, peer and tutor feedback incorporating current industry standards and modelling of professional practice and behaviour.
Theory - includes face-to-face, web-supported lectures and tutorials; use of 'Moodle' and the internet for research; project-based learning.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50 in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- - A fully equipped and operational commercial training restaurant
- Online resources accessible in all classrooms, in the restaurant and off campus
A list of recommended readings and resources, including links to relevant legislation, will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually or as required.