PHOT502 – Photo Tech One
Photo Tech One
The module consolidates and expands upon the technical and formal fundamentals of photography introduced in Photo Fundamentals. The emphasis is on developing technical skills in the understanding of composition, light, image capture, processing and output using a range of digital technologies.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Critically select and apply appropriate photographic tools and practices
2. Analyse codes and conventions of the photographic discipline
3. Demonstrate the ability to act and think through a reflective process
4. Create, develop, and integrate a broad range of technical content in response to a project brief
- • Camera operating systems
• Photographic digital workflow
• Principles of ambient light and flash
• Principles of composition
• Contextual research
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, ePortfolio, tutorials, lectures, technical workshops, group activities, critiques, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec camera kits, flash lighting and computers.